Saturday, March 6, 2010

for the record

Oh, so much to say. Isn't tomorrow Academy Awards night? Is being recognized by MckMama kind of like our own personal e-version of the e-Academy Awards? I don't have a speech prepared or anything....

I've been off galavanting with friends and family all day, and don't have the energy to match MckMama's 1,427 post word-for-word, so I'll make a simple MWOP for the record:
  • I don't want her retorts, so it doesn't matter to me if she responds.
  • I don't want to "ruin" her, but I'm flattered people think this piddly blog that has been around just over a month could bring down the mighty kingdom of MckMama. Maybe the kingdom's foundation is faulty?
  • Mycharmingkids.net (which is actually mckmama.com now) is her blog and she can say what she wants, but this is MY blog and I can do the same.
  • I'm not jealous. Those people who think it's about jealousy don't "get" it, and until they feel used or abused as most of the readers here have, they won't.
  • I don't like false prophets. I also dislike fakes and users. I believe MckMama bounces in and out of all three of these categories.
  • I really, really dislike fakes, users and false prophets who use the Bible to further their career and dredge up drama for money.
  • I don't endorse or believe everything commented on this blog. However it's an open (and mostly respectful) forum where people can discuss things they haven't been allowed to voice (literally) anywhere else with MckMama's name on it.
  • Not everything on this blog is 100% factual, but it is based in fact. Some of it is opinion, but it is opinion drawn from the information available - public records and MckMama's own words.
  • I'm 100% certain that MckMama could excuse everything, true and false, on this blog. The real question is how much would be because she was trying to wheedle out of a true situation that she wants to spin in a more becoming light, and how much of it would she be able to shoot down is plain untrue speculation?
  • Lastly, I don't hate MckMama. Oh, some of you laugh, but I don't. I don't know the woman (or do I??). I became frustrated with her egotistical monopoly and half-truths, and opened this blog as a place where people who were blocked or banned could question her MLG (many large gaps) without being blocked or banned.
And just to prove how level-minded I can be, I will admit something: she's right. She is damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't. I take partial responsibility: I started this naysayer's blog that has in part made people she "really cares about" question her and her motives. She's in a crappy position and I'm sorry for her for my role in that.

Has anyone seen "Shutter Island" (stay with me here - I'm going somewhere with this)? Fantastic book, good movie. I won't give away too much detail but in one part, Patricia Clarkson's character, who is a patient at an insane asylum, says:
"I'm not crazy. I'm not. Of course what else would a crazy person claim? That's the Kafkaesque genius of it all. If you're not crazy but people have told the world you are, then all your protests to the contrary just underscore their point."

It's apropos in this situation. MckMama says she's not a liar/sham, but because she's been labeled honestly through small and big points over the last year as a liar/sham, from whatever arbitrary point forward, she can protest 'til the Frozen Tundra cows come home...but what else would a liar/sham claim?

I don't want to see MckMama fail. Knocked off her high horse, yes, but not fail. She has almost five precious little mouths to feed and blogging can be a respectable livelihood. But I won't stand idly by and watch her wheedle and lie her way into the pockets of unsuspecting readers (through clicks and advertisers) either.

Since many commenters here believe this blog provides MckMama fodder and insight, I want to know what do you, my fellow naysayers, think she can do to prove she's not a liar/sham? Is it possible, or has she crossed a burned bridge, and will you always question her motives and moves?