Friday, March 5, 2010

Selfish

No new post for today from Kenya (it is currently 2 AM locally), but a commenter (Hi, Hannah) posted this quote from MckMama on home schooling, and I found it very interesting and wanted to share it:

From SUNDAY, AUGUST 17, 2008
Not to mention that I am a selfish mom. I want to be with my children! I don't want to pass them off to another for seven hours a day, nine months out of the year. With that being said, I am trying hard to balance my desire to control and protect my children with my desire to let go of them and trust God, since He is ultimately in control of them, anyway, not me. Argh! This is where I battle...to keep them close so I can keep my hands in what they are doing and learning, or to let them go and just trust.

Her last post on Twitter today was about selfishness as well:
Why have I been so wrapped up in selfishness? I disgust myself. It's time for me to finally walk the walk instead of just talking the talk.
about 2 hours ago via web

She refers to herself as selfish quite often. In what she wants, her relationship with her husband, her lifestyle, and in the post above, in regards to spending time with her children. She refers to being selfish over 20 times on her blog in the last 2 1/2 years. Makes you wonder where she's going with the word "selfish" this time....