Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Future

Here we are nearing the one year anniversary of MWOP and we have almost two million visitors. That is....amazing. Mind-boggling. Comments hit 1,000+ for most posts, and there are new visitors in every day. That tells me this site is still serving a purpose.

However, I don't know what role I can take in the next year. My concern is two-fold. I have not had the time to keep up with everything going on here enough to research and put together posts in a timely manner, and I don't really have the desire to keep going. This person is not going to change. If everything that that has come out in the last two years hasn't changed her, I am convinced nothing I post on here will change her back into someone who should be leading a Christian mom blog community. Because of this, I have pretty much given up in the last few months, and I think people here have noticed.

I will not shut this site down. I will leave it up with its blog posts and comments, but not post anything new. The Disqus and email information will stay with this site. But starting with the next year of MWOP, I would like to take suggestions and offers for someone who is interested in taking over MWOP at a new location.

We have some dedicated members here who I think would do an excellent job, but I would like to hear from you. If someone opened MWOP2, who would you trust to moderate it? Are there any nominations? Do you have other suggestions?

Regardless, there's always the wonderful forum two users here have put together.

I apologize in advance if this disappoints anyone. I know I have sucked at my 'job' recently, and you deserve better than what I have given you these past couple of months, especially with the new stirrings over Africa. I have thoroughly enjoyed 'meeting' most everyone on here, hearing the varying opinions you have, and I would like to hear them now while we try to figure out the future of MWOP.